Friday, July 18, 2014

Paris Jitters


I am going to PARIS in t-minus 10 days! There are so many things going through my mind. First of all I am taking 3 classes so I am a little stressed out about that, but I know that once I go to Paris…everything should start falling into place. Well before I go into my thoughts let me introduce myself…Hello my name is Rachel Sweet, I am a junior studying Media Communications and I am currently taking Foundations of American Experience, World Masterpieces 1 and the Paris class which is Literature and Art. (A LOT of reading)
The reason why I chose to study abroad to Paris, France this summer is really to experience more of the world and figure myself out a little more. I have never gone anywhere overseas without my family before, and I feel that this will be a huge growing experience for me. I also haven’t done much research on Paris, France so I am kind of just going with the flow and I am extremely nervous and excited about it. (Plus I don’t know any French) I really do not know what to expect! I keep asking everyone around for advice that I know that has studied abroad, and I feel that even though I am asking for all this advice…I really just need to experience it on my own.
I chose the summer program rather than a full semester program because I honestly don’t think I can handle being away from home for more than a month. But after this trip who knows what could happen! My flight is on July 28th at 9:35 pm; we will arrive in Paris at 11:30am the next day. (If the flights go as planned) We will be staying at Cite Universtaire in dorms there. My goals for while I’m in Paris is, just to experience and embrace a different culture, go to the Eiffel tower, play guitar outside somewhere public, and meet up with my best friend from high school that lives in Germany! These are small yet simple goals, and I’m sure that I will think of more goals while I’m there. As a Media Communications student going on an Architecture focused trip, I am going to try to embrace everything and maybe learn something new that I would have never learned if I have not decided to go on this trip.
 Who knows the people I will meet or the experiences I will go through! I am just so full with excitement and butterflies. I am literally staring at my suitcase and it is completely empty, I don’t even know where to start. You have to experience the world. Even if you don’t know what your getting yourself into. I can’t wait to break out of my Michigan bubble and see and experience Paris, France!  

No comments:

Post a Comment